BIO-DEGRADABLE MULCHING FILM.
BIO MULCH ECOPAC BLACK FILM IS MADE FROM BIODEGRADABLE THERMOPLASTIC MATERIALS BASED ON STARCHES, OGM FREE (NOVAMONT MATER-BI®). IN THE END, ECOPAC FILM CAN BE WORKED INTO THE SOIL OR SENT TO COMPOSTING FACILITY, DRASTICALLY REDUCING THE COSTS OF REMOVAL, DISPOSAL AND PROCESSING. IT ALLOWS, THEREFORE, AN EFFECTIVE MULCH, HEALTHY AND PROTECTIVE, OFFERING AN INEXPENSIVE SOLUTION TO THE FARMER ATTENTIVE OF ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES. THE CONDITIONS OF USE, THE BIODEGRADABILITY AND NO-PHYTOTOXICITY OF INTERMEDIATE SUBSTANCES OF DEGRADATION HAVE BEEN TESTED POSITIVELY DURING A FOUR YEAR-YEAR RESEARCH PROJECT IN COLLABORATION WITH MAJOR EUROPEAN INSTITUTES.
Made out of a range of materials which have been used to make the leading biodegradable film chosen by farmers for over ten years, biodegradable mulching film made from Mater-Bi® provides optimal processing and agronomic performance, together with excellent environmental compatibility. Our mulching materials were designed specifically to bio-degrade in the soil.
Innovative material with substantial technical advantages:
- Excellent stability and process-ability on common blown extrusion systems used for traditional plastics, with a wide range of thicknesses (from 10 to 200 μm)
- Optimisation of specifically developed pigmented masterbatches, which guarantee high compatibility and good performance good agronomic results
- Easy recycling of Mater-Bi® mulching film (film waste) by standard plants for traditional plastics and the possibility of including up to 10% of regenerated material in mulching films, without altering the mechanical characteristics and performance in the field
- Excellent mechanical properties of the mulching film, with high resistance and toughness (see table 1 in Brochure)
The economic and environmental advantages of biodegradable mulching film:
- Excellent versatility for use and mechanisation: can be used with the same laying and laying-perforating machinery used for traditional plastics and at the same speed
- Excellent agronomic versatility and compatibility: Mater-Bi ® mulching film can be used in a wide range of crops in varying environmental and climatic conditions Mater-Bi mulching film Biodegradability in the soil
- Excellent performance in the field in controlling weeds and in terms of agronomic yield and product quality, comparable with traditional plastic films economic benefits
- Excellent environmental compatibility: Mater-Bi ® mulching film bio-degrades in the soil. At the end of the crop cycle mulching film does not have to be collected and disposed of, instead it is incorporated into the soil where it bio-degrades, transforming into carbon dioxide, water and biomass.
- Excellent economic and management savings in the crop cycle: Mater-Bi ® mulching film generates savings as it does not need to be disposed of after the crop and also cuts the time required for crop management.
Biodegradability in the soil:
A biodegradable material for agriculture must be biodegradable in the environment it will be left in: agricultural soil
- Mater-Bi ® mulching film is OK bio-degradable Soil certified by the Belgian Vinçotte certification institute.
- OK Biodegradable Soil is a specific program which guarantees the complete biodegradability of Mater-Bi ® mulching film and the absence of toxic effects in the soil and in the environment.
In addition, Mater-Bi ® mulching film con-forms to the requirements of the principal laws in force on bio-degradation and environmental impact (European standard:UNI EN 13432: 2002, UNI EN 14995:2007; US standard ASTM 6400: 04)
P.A.T.I.’s products, although they help growing conditions, cannot be deemed responsible for the crop results, that are strongly influenced by climatic, pedologic, phytopatologic and environmental conditions in general, as well as by the cultivation practices. P.A.T.I. reserves the right to modify the characteristics of its products without prior notice: the information herein reported are not binding and are subject to changes.