POND WATERPROOFING SHEETS.
IDROEVA ARE SHEETS MANUFACTURED WITH EVA/C, ETHYLENE AND VINYL ACETATE COPOLYMERS, INCLUDING A HIGH VA PERCENTAGE WHICH ALLOWS EXCELLENT ELASTICITY, I.E. EASY ADAPTATION TO ROUGH SURFACES, RESISTANCE TO PUNCTURING AND HIGH SURFACE YIELD, DUE TO THE DENSITY LIMITED TO 520 G/M2. FOOD GRADE FORMULATIONS ARE AVAILABLE, WHICH ARE SUITABLE FOR DRINKING WATER RESERVOIRS AND FISH FARMING.
The standard colors of IDROEVA are light blue/anthracite code IDR3347. Other colors are available upon request and for minimum lots that have to be agreed case by case.
It is possible to order customized sheets that are assembled and welded by high frequency machines at P.A.T.I.’s works. In this case it is necessary to supply a drawing complete with all the dimensions indicated in the picture of pag. 4, considering that the maximum size of one single sheet is to 2000 m2, i.e. 40×50 m or 130×165 ft. N.B. one side must be a multiple of 4 m.
Field installation assistance
In case of basins which require a larger size than the maximum preassembled in the factory, an assistance service is available, performed by specialized technicians, who can supervise the correct unfolding and spreading of the sheets. IDROEVA sheets are then joint together by thermal welding.
Before the installation the basin surface has to be checked and cleaned thoroughly, then the sheet must be laid out carefully, avoiding windy days. The seams must be performed by using a hot air welding device and by compressing the edges with a roll. The bank protection sheet do not need to be fixed or ballasted, because of the specific gravity heavier than water. For fixing purposes or small repairs it is advisable to use a special biadhesive tape supplied onrequest by P.A.T.I.
Upon request, sheets can be preassembled in our factory.
CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION HINTS
During the design and construction of water reservoirs and ponds some suggestions have to be followed:
- the banks slope shall not exceed the friction angle of the construction material and, in any case, be limited to 45°, in order to prevent the material from sliding and to avoid the danger of pits, moreover too steep slopes hinder the operators in properly laying out the IDROEVA sheets;
- the banks edges shall be smooth and accurately leveled;
- the bottom shall be prepared in order to have a regular surface free from stones, sharp edges or pits, therefore it is better to level it by layer of fine gravel and sand, the thickness of which has to be 10-20 cm at least;
- the dimensions of the IDROEVA sheets shall be such to overlap the bank edge by 1,5-2,0 m all along the perimeter, as the film has to be laid out flat without stretching it and the border needs to be firmly buried in the groove dug parallel to the bank edge;
- after the complete installation and setting of the main waterproofing layer, the part of the banks that is not underwater most of the time shall be covered by another sheet; the width is generally 4 m, or more, according to the changes of the water level and this protective film has to be replaced after 4-5 years considering the degree of wear and tear.
P.A.T.I.’s products, although they help growing conditions, cannot be deemed responsible for the crop results, that are strongly influenced by climatic, pedologic, phytopatologic and environmental conditions in general, as well as by the cultivation practices. P.A.T.I. reserves the right to modify the characteristics of its products without prior notice: the information herein reported are not binding and are subject to changes.